"Rigs" You Use, Ugrade Advice, Hardware Discussions, Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi D.S.,

You're in for 7.5 Mil, solid ground around this small group!

We're glad you still can find us here...

Who knows what the future holds. The powers could decide to have a great and wonderful giveaway, raffle style for, and only for, all folders, new and old.

Or they could continue to consider us an unpleasant side effect of a high tech site, and continue to treat us as mushrooms. I think most can figure that last part out!

Bruce

[URL="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=treat+em+like+a+mushroom"]This link should work [/URL]
    Last edited by Agencyman; 04-15-2015, 12:00 AM. Reason: bad link
    KGFolders; One giant computing step for mankind!

Comment

• Welcome back D.S. - The prodical son....nah.

Welcome back D.S. It's been a while. Hope you sort out your GPUs, then a few wu perhaps?

@Bruce. Yeah, the raffle is a go! (hopes) I reckon your last sentence is a bit overly negative though, but I do realize satire. Funny. Unfortunately the link doesn't work for me. Google jp blocks it. I get the "Aww snap," message which is annoying.

Ah, I can try IE. He He.

Cheers guys.

Comment

• A personal new PPD record on one of my GTX 970's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PPD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	103412

Intel i7 6700K // Corsair H110i GTX
        Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
        2x16GB Crucial Ballistix
        250GB Samsung 850 EVO
        3TB WD Black
        ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC
        Cooler Master V850
        Corsair 450D

Comment

• Smokin'!!!

Jose,

I was talking with rDunc the other day, and I was expounding on the rewards of being poor, at least in relation to debt load. Same thing as ordinary poor, no expensive toys.

But I ventured that with a small lottery win, I'd immediately slap together three towers with a couple of 970s each.

Now THAT would be a nice mini-farm of computers.

Bruce
          Last edited by Agencyman; 07-19-2015, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• SMP folding, so yester-year!

So I upgraded the Mule to Ubuntu 15.04 and after only a small glitch, got it loaded up with F@H client and control. I run the Win 10 at 4.2 GHz, this 8320 8 core never got above 16K indicated on a fresh WU download.

It just started Ubuntu work on a 6388, (never had one before), and is at 21K. I don't even know the clock speed at the moment, I probably last set the BIOS to 3.8 GHz, but can't find anything to imply I can run AMD overdrive in Ubuntu.

Bruce
            Last edited by Agencyman; 07-25-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Ubuntu is a mistery at some points, but if you got more points vs windows, you can overclock in the BIOS, just like the old days, and let it fold after that.

2x16GB Crucial Ballistix
              250GB Samsung 850 EVO
              3TB WD Black
              ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC
              Cooler Master V850
              Corsair 450D

Comment

• Yes this motherboard is a Gigabyte that has a good performance section. I just stepped it up from stock at maybe 3.4 to 3.8 to keep it cool on any mix of tasks; if I want to push it, I would use AMD overdrive, amazingly capable program. The chip is supposed to go to 5+, but there is no case and the CPU fan is noisy as h*** if I go above 4.2.

At least if it's not busy,I can run Ubuntu and feel like I'm not wasting my time. Best rate seen already 26K.

Cheerio!
                Bruce

Originally posted by jmrios View Post
                Ubuntu is a mistery at some points, but if you got more points vs windows, you can overclock in the BIOS, just like the old days, and let it fold after that.
                Last edited by Agencyman; 07-27-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Life support for this thread. Actually I wasn't subscribed to it. I was sure I was?

Anyway, just wanted to say to Jmrios, that pic above of your 970 folding with over 850,000 ppd is simply outstanding! Just wow!

The best I ever got is a tad over 600,000ppd. Very very rare for me to reach that level. It was with a 970 plus a modded 780ti Ghz edition, and six threads on a i7 3770k. (CPU made little difference to be honest.)

RDunk, if you happen to read this I'd love to hear or see you best PPD. Judging by past performance I suspect you get well over 1 million ppd when flat out. Is it so?

Comment

• Originally posted by andyg View Post
                    RDunk, if you happen to read this I'd love to hear or see you best PPD. Judging by past performance I suspect you get well over 1 million ppd when flat out. Is it so?
                    I was just looking at the big board and here is a telling tale ofRDunk's numbers. [URL]http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=196420[/URL]

That first number beginning with a 2 is the 24 hr. average!

Name:	rdunc.JPG
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	105669

Last edited by Agencyman; 01-22-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agencyman View Post

I was just looking at the big board and here is a telling tale ofRDunk's numbers. [URL="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=196420"]http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&t=196420[/URL]

That first number beginning with a 2 is the 24 hr. average!
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n105669[/ATTACH]

Cheers Bruce, (with my chin drooling on the carpet.)

RDunk's PPD is simply incredible. That's it, incredible, amazing. Great job RDunk. On behalf on the team and I, THANK YOU for an outstanding job and commitment to a great cause!

Edit: For some reason the numbers in the above quote aren't there. But they are easy find. Also, I think they are there in Bruce's original post. For the lazy, RDunk's PPD is well over
                      2 million!!
                      Last edited by andyg; 01-23-2016, 06:02 PM. Reason: PPD link readings in quote not showing.

Comment

• Glad to be a part of the team. Looks like Jose has lost the lead! Jose, I hope you're coming back! You worked hard for that first place. No was on our team threat list when you were in there with us. Hope you're back soon!

Cheers everyone,
                        RAD

Comment

• I've got a new toy

Name:	1070.jpg
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	106792

2x16GB Crucial Ballistix
                          250GB Samsung 850 EVO
                          3TB WD Black
                          ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC
                          Cooler Master V850
                          Corsair 450D

Comment

• Amazing stuff Jose, really amazing. Congrats on your new PC. i7 6700k too. Just wow!

We often upgrade at the same time. Last week I purchased and recieved EVGA GTX 1080 FTW gaming. Factory OCed with high quality parts and extra phases. It's incredible.

I won't use it for folding however as it is in my gaming machine. Your 1070 ppd is more than I would have guess. I suspected a 1080 might reach those dizzy heights, but now. I wonder...

Oh, Asus is a good brand. You made a good choice IMO. I was debating to get 1070 or 1080, but the child in me went for the overkill. Also killed my wallet. Crazy crazy price her in Japan.

Not much change for 1,000 USD. Everything logical says I should have waited, and gone for the 1070, but I carried away. This card will have to last 4 years minimum. EVGA have the
                            GPU industries best warranty service it is said widely. 3 years warranty. I extended to 5 for free. To me this says they trust their own products.

Well, again, congrats buddy! As a whole system yours is better than mine. Only my GPU is 1 notch up.

Comment

Working...
                            X