Posting on two forums not allowed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting on two forums not allowed.

Just wondering if it's only me, but I can't post on the KitGuru news thread. I can understand that. But, why can't I (or anyone by the looks of it) post opinions, comments in the KitGuru reviews thread? Just got round to asking this, but I've tried several times since the new look forum and have never been able to post there? I don't know why it's so??

looks like they shut down comments on the reviews board so as to move all of that stuff over to Facebook unfortunately mate

Comment

Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post
      looks like they shut down comments on the reviews board so as to move all of that stuff over to Facebook unfortunately mate

Ahh a shame, but whatever. Anyhow thanks Richie for letting me know. It hadn't occurred to me that may be the reason, but after your post I smacked my balding forehead which doesn't stop and melds into my egghead and thought,

"of course you idiot, it's 2016, not 2006!!"

Comment

I think we will begin see a general movement to facebook and less on these forums, just saying. I routinely go to facebook for just about everything rather than camp on website forums, its just a sign of the times. Go where the customers are and where you can make a buck for your sponsors, but then that is my opinion of course for what is is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Falstaff View Post
          I think we will begin see a general movement to facebook and less on these forums, just saying. I routinely go to facebook for just about everything rather than camp on website forums, its just a sign of the times. Go where the customers are and where you can make a buck for your sponsors, but then that is my opinion of course for what is is worth.

Yeah, understandable and fair enough. After all KitGuru is a business. Gotta go where the customers are as you mentioned, Falstaff.

Just personally I don't like it. I don't even have a facebook account. (That's probably got something to do with it!).

Anyway, it's a sensible move for any business. Almost no choice really. Ahh the times are a changin'

Comment

yep, the world turns...
            doesn't mean I have to like it though :P

Comment

I was also wondering why I couldn't post on those sections. A shame as I also dont use facebook.

Comment

I foolishly thought the whole forum was gone, hence no posts for several weeks. Turns out I had some how screwed up my bookmark which led to a Kitguru page that said, quote,
                "Nothing to see here." How nice I thought.

Anyway glad it's still here!

Comment

well, same here andy. forum thread are locked.
                  Wordpress Site Builder
                  Content Writer
                  Gamer
                  Overclocker
                  PC Hardware Enthusiast
                  Foodie

Comment

Originally posted by najiro View Post
                    well, same here andy. forum thread are locked.
                    Yeah, it's all going face up as in "facebook." BTW I still do not have a facebook account. Suppose I should, what do you reckon Najiro? To be honest I don't really feel any interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
                      Yeah, it's all going face up as in "facebook." BTW I still do not have a facebook account. Suppose I should, what do you reckon Najiro? To be honest I don't really feel any interest in it.

I totally understand you. Facebook affects a lifestyle in many ways. Some get addicted and get controlled by it. Or you can have one just to connect with people, open it once a day and see updates like email then close.
                      Wordpress Site Builder
                      Content Writer
                      Gamer
                      Overclocker
                      PC Hardware Enthusiast
                      Foodie

Comment

Thanks, Najiro. That sounds very sensible!

Comment

Working...
                        X