X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got new wheels

brand new wheels
    our first new NEW car, a Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi Active
    believe it or not, we test drove loads, and i actually preferred this to a VW Golf ! a fricking Hyundai.
    it's just as nicely put together, standard kit is way better, and the cabin is a nicer place to be than the golf.
    I drove it from Aberdeen to Inverness then back again, and absolutely thrashed it , and still averaged 55mpg... driven sensibly it'll genuinely do 70mpg. and it's a hoot to drive too.
    fab wee motor
    not great pics, because i can't go take better ones until i wash it, it's been to Inverness and back about 3 times

Perfectly good car, you will really enjoy it. I have the little Ford Focus of similiar ilk and its a hoot to drive.

Comment

Last edited by Haggard; 12-23-2017, 12:54 AM.

Comment

They can be perfectly fine cars those little Hyundais, just don't aim to keep it for some ten years or the repairs are likely to get more expensive than it's worth. Be as nice to their gearboxes as possible, and sell after 5-6 years. Which might take some remembering since they can be pretty nimble and fun to drive.

Comment

just suggested to the missus that we buy some shiny new alloys for it, and she gave me 'the look'
          the kid's at sea for the next 4 weeks though, and he's got some pretty nice wheels on his car, just sitting there......

Comment

Look for some cheap tack-on plastic "chrome" spinners for the wheels. They're a hoot while they last and can get the missus to roll her eyes. Well maybe they're more for the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
              Look for some cheap tack-on plastic "chrome" spinners for the wheels.
              ick no, i'd rather stick with the tiny standard alloys tbh
              they're actually quite good looking wheels, they're just nowhere near big enough
              look like sofa castors...

Comment

Mmm, makes the wheels look even smaller. But that's how they are. Would be a kick to be able to fit extra fat tires on that size of car. At least the rear.

Comment

Wait until that thing needs some time in the garage. The bill will be nice

@mkk fat tyres more CO2 emissions

Comment

Originally posted by temeteus82 View Post
                    Wait until that thing needs some time in the garage. The bill will be nice
                    missed this post

why ?
                    just because of all the trick toys that give us the nice MPG?
                    or are Hyundai just generally expensive to service ?

Comment

Good looking wee car!. Would you say it's pretty hard to go wrong with a new car these days?.

Comment

How's it running these days? Any problems?

Comment

Working...
                        X