Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. - Lost Alpha.. Help Likes Dislikes etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russellie View Post
    Hi all
    First off I am 74 and still playing Stalker, have played lost alpha and now wan't to try Mods !!!!!
    I understand that I have to move some files from Program files and place them some where outside of the program files. ( Very confusing )
    I still have some grey matter left I just need some one to guide me through it.
    I live in hope.
    Just think free roam for as long As I have left

best regards
    Russ
    Hi Russ, It's cool that you're still gaming.
    The Instructions to install mods vary slightly from one to the other so you will have to be more specific about which one it is you're trying to install.
    There are a lot of choices out there as far as stalker mods go. One good one could be 'Priboi story', it's a completely new storyline. I'm not certain, but I seem to remember that it's a standalone mod so it would be easier to get up and running.
    A good place to look would be: Mods - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Game - Mod DB Most of the mods there come with pretty solid directions to install(Either on the download page or in a text file contained within the downloaded files) If not, then there's a big community of people there that will more than likely help you out.

Also if you havn't already, buy a good cheap copy of the other Stalker titles('Clear skies' and 'call of pripyat') both are good and in the spirit of the original.

I hope this helps.
    Soma
    Last edited by Soma; 10-15-2014, 11:35 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

I have played ALL the Stalker series including Lost alpha. What I need to know now is what files & where to move the files to so that I can mod the game.
      Regards
      Russ
      Lost alpha is already installed
      Have already tried Desowave & the main Stalker forum but get no replies, feels like everyone want's to keep it secret !!!!
      Last edited by russellie; 10-16-2014, 12:38 PM. Reason: omision

Comment

I have played ALL the Stalker series including Lost alpha. What I need to know now is what files & where to move the files to so that I can mod the game.
        Regards
        Russ
        Lost alpha is already installed
        Have already tried Desowave & the main Stalker forum but get no replies, feels like everyone want's to keep it secret !!!!
        So you mean you want to MAKE a mod rather than install a previously created one?

If you're talking about making your own mod , download : "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha SDK v.2.6 beta" file from the Dezowave page(Which is the development kit they used to create lost alpha) . When it's installed, go to the folder it was installed to and find the documents/developer folder. There's some instructions and help files in there.

Be prepared to do a lot of reading though if you're new to modding and scripting . It's not a straightforward matter of just poking around unless you just want to change some minor things in the game.

The new development kit has only just been released, but in time there will probably be more straightforward tutorials and manuals out there.

Comment

Hi Soma

Thank's for the reply, No I wish to do a clean install to somewhere other than the program files. so they can be edited. running win 7 - 64 bit, This poor old man has trouble understanding where to download a fresh install to and how to go about. not thick just confused. they say download to a file other than program file ( such as what !)

regards Russ

Comment

Hi Soma

Thank's for the reply, No I wish to do a clean install to somewhere other than the program files. so they can be edited. running win 7 - 64 bit, This poor old man has trouble understanding where to download a fresh install to and how to go about. not thick just confused. they say download to a file other than program file ( such as what !)

regards Russ
            Hey Russ
            No worries, I think I get what you mean now. Sometimes you can't edit the files of programs and games contained in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\"Whatever program it is\" folder because of Windows read/write permissions. It's there to stop malicious programs from changing things.

What they mean is that when you go to install a second copy of the game, during the install process when you get to the bit that says :
            install to "C:\Program Files (x86)\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha\" (or whatever it is on your system), you have to change this pathname to something outside of the "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder.
            For example you could use any other name like "C:\RussNewLostAlpha\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha\" or create a folder on your desktop and direct it to there. After that you should be able to edit the files in it and save them with no problem.
            Make sure you make a note of the new pathname though so you can find it afterwards, or you don't accidentally start editing your main Lost alpha game folder.

I don't think anyone would think you're thick or anything. Let's face it, most of this stuff isn't exactly straightforward or obvious.

I'm no expert on modding Stalker, but I'll help you out whatever way I can.
            If you get stuck again post another msg, no prob.

Good luck mate.

Soma

Comment

lost alpha

Hi Soma
              Thank's for a great reply, you are the only one to offer any help. it seems all the other forums I have enquired on seem to keep it a secret !!!!!!

Will certainly get back to you withe the results.

One question when I unzip and select set up ex on the first file I know it unzips the other 3. do they go into "C:\RussNewLostAlpha\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha\"
              Thanks again
              Regards
              Russ

Comment

Hi Soma
                Thank's for a great reply, you are the only one to offer any help. it seems all the other forums I have enquired on seem to keep it a secret !!!!!!

Will certainly get back to you withe the results.

One question when I unzip and select set up ex on the first file I know it unzips the other 3. do they go into "C:\RussNewLostAlpha\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha\"
                Thanks again
                Regards
                Russ
                Yea I think they all should go into your chosen directory.

Comment

Thanks all

Has anyone finished lost alpha yet.
                  have got as far as x2 and then problems getting priviliege file to open door

Regards
                  Russ

Comment

Sorry for late reply.

I might be confused in what you are saying or asking exactly- if already installed and playing the mod and wish to make changes and or add mods- if it will work at all its not rocket science.. Most mods have instructions or they figure you have a basic understanding. First look at the mod files- see if in a folder- look for same folder in game data [looking through sub folders if necessary]- drag and drop files from mod folder into matching folder in game data- or if no such folder in game data- drag and drop the mod folder into game data- vola...

Lost alpha can be installed normal if you have admin rights and turn off UAC. I use W7 64. As for where to install other than normal x86 program files folder you can direct it to just :C it will make a folder just like program or x86 program files. or if you have a second drive on the pc direct it to that drive-- I always install all of my games to default which is normally always x86.

* First thing to do when installing stalker mods->

:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl

Find this file:
                    fsgame

Right click it and select "open with". Open it with notepad.

Make it look something like this: "

$app_data_root$=true|false|C:\|Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Documents\STALKER-SHOC\
                    $game_data$ = true|true|$fs_root$|gamedata\
                    $game_ai$ = true|false|$game_data$|ai\
                    $game_spawn$ = true|false|$game_data$|spawns\
                    $game_anims$ = true|true|$game_data$|anims\
                    $game_levels$ = true|false|$game_data$|levels\
                    $game_meshes$ = true|true|$game_data$|meshes\
                    $game_dm$ = true|true|$game_data$|meshes\
                    $game_shaders$ = true|true|$game_data$|shaders\
                    $game_sounds$ = true|true|$game_data$|sounds\
                    $game_textures$ = true|true|$game_data$|textures\
                    $game_scripts$ = true|false|$game_data$|scripts\
                    $game_config$ = true|false|$game_data$|config\
                    $level$ = false|false|$game_levels$
                    $game_saves$ = true|false|$app_data_root$|savedgames\
                    $logs$ = true|false|$app_data_root$|logs\
                    $screenshots$ = true|false|$app_data_root$|screenshots\
                    $downloads$ = false|false|$app_data_root$| downloads\
                    $mod_dir$ = false | false | $fs_root$ | mods\

" Specifically make sure the game_data part says "true" both times.

* Second->

The mod should have its own game data folder- drag and drop it into the stalker main- thats it- do not add a game data inside a game date it will not work.. If wish to change mods just move the old game data file out and in with the new or delete or save old as you wish - if wish to keep old mod move it someplace and make a folder saying saves for &876749 mod and copy and paste the save game data into the files..

Stalker is a finicky game-- you might might not just be able to mix and match mods- always save your game data for backup- somethings you can tweak like carry or scopes and such and not hurt mods

Now start a new game and enjoy.
                    Last edited by ezeht; 12-22-2014, 04:04 AM.

Comment

I stopped playing when the last update came out my game would not work anymore- just get sick of it sometimes and best ive read it added lil and has its own bugs-- I completed the mod in the second update- am in no rush to play again so uninstalled it- might install it again if another update comes out.

All in all the mods was cool- a lot of empty worthless space in some areas with nothing to kill- and very few loot stash boxed around- liked to cut out cut scenes tho.. Hell I have like 8,000 in the game played it like 70x so I deserve to take a break or not ever play it again if I wish lol

Have fun old timer- heck I thought I was the old guy here at 52-- hats off to ya brother-

Hope all have Great Holidays-- I've had a bad flu with fever last few 4 days or so- burning up now WOOT !

Comment

с ом узнай меня если сможешь 2 сезон александр пономарев доня моя архиватор на виндовс фоне 8.1 игру супер корова полную версию successful writing proficiency virginia evans майнкрафт 1.7.5 не mp3 нарезки на телефон новинки 2014 песню группы иванушки тополиный пух все хорошо прекрасная маркиза утесов минус фильм вор 1997 в хорошем качестве игру ведьмак 3 эффект истребителя сталинский сокол во главе ссср мод на превращение в вампира для майнкрафт 1.5.2 песня я на все согласна все предельно ясно альбом золотой граммофон 2015 dxgi.dll для call of duty black ops все альбомы владимира казаченко драйвера для amd radeon hd 8400 r3 series программу спутниковое телевидение моды майнкрафт 1.7.10 на компьютер msi контроллер универсальной последовательной шины usb windows 7 песню ты моя боль а не любовь приложения для samsung galaxy ace gt-s5830i зореньки краше и солнце милей программу power director 10 pro шаблон договора аренды жилого помещения песню рождество ты знаешь так хочется жить клип колин уилсон за пределами непознанного песня мамино сердце хрустальная чаша музыка давай поднимем ручки и будем танцевать

Comment

Working...
                        X